It’s been tough to get the time and energy needed for a solid WOD lately. So unlike most vacations where rest was the main focus, getting the HR up at least a couples times was a big time priority. In between tons of walking and swimming, I hit a couple solid ones…
1.. Yoga at the FL hotel and on the Bahamian sand - 2 x 30 minute routines learned from Auntie Rosie at YSSC.
2. Yellow Elder Strength WOD
- Warmup - some hip mobility drills, pushups, pullups, + some feeler sets…
- Deadlift - all sets of 3 using the ol’ Perfect Rep method: 225, 235, 245, 255, 265, 275, 285
- Clean + push press – 135×5, 5, 3
That was a much needed cleansing sweat during a week of the vacation nutrition plan!
3. A brief (and extremely graceful) climb for breakfast…
Overall less than what I had hoped but more than I’ve done in a while. At the end of the week, the expected vacation weight gain did not arrive thanks to these WODs and some IF in the mix.